Clinical Funded Projects
A portion of our budget goes to competitive research proposals that support our scientific mission. We consider research proposals that:
- Address military-relevant traumatic brain injury (TBI) and/ or its comorbidities
- Exhibit high scientific merit based on potential innovation and impact on the field
- Advance and accelerate TBI research that improves recovery of the Warfighter through:
- fostering collaborative efforts across CNRM investigators
- leveraging CNRM resources
- facilitating synergistic efforts with other Military Health System activities
Below are summaries of our active clinical funded projects.
Active Clinical Funded Projects
Improving Sleep Using Bright Light Therapy
Investigating the Biological Mechanisms of Alpha-delta Sleep
Noninvasive Detection and Localization of Cortical Spreading Depolarizations
Aim: Develop and test a diffusion MRI methodology that can noninvasively monitor cortical spreading depolarizations (e.g. changes that take place in the brain during migraine auras).
Reconsolidation of Traumatic Memories to Resolve Post-traumatic Stress Disorder